Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Thyme to show you Give Ye Thanks Uncle Sam


Happy Flag Day!



Today
 I wanted to show you a project that I recently completed.
It is a design 
by
 Lynne Andrews 
called
Give Ye Thanks Uncle Sam


 Let's step inside my studio. 

My  Palette


Antique Gold, Antique White, Burnt Umber, Buttermilk, Country Red, Deep Midnight Blue, Grey Storm, Lamp Black, Milk Chocolate, Rockwood, Red, Slate Grey, Snow Titanium White, Warm Beige


Dazzling Metallics


Glorious Gold



THYME TO PAINT!
 

I began by base coating my surface with 2 coats of Buttermilk.


I did not seal this piece as it is MDF.


I transferred the pattern leaving off the small details.


I used various 
Lynne Andrews floaters 
to paint this project.
The brush is a combination of a round and liner brush. 
The bristles hold a large amount of paint and/or water mixture, 
while the point allows access to smaller areas.


I use a Jack Richeson Sash Brush for mopping.


I keep a blow dryer handy to dry in-between washes. 


Paint one wash over another in successive layers to build up depth of color.


Mop immediately after applying the wash 
and
 dry completely before proceeding with the next wash layer.


I use a Rotring Graphic Pen for lettering




CAUTION!!!!!!!


Make sure you spray your lettering prior to varnishing !
Or you may heat set it with your dryer!

Failure to do so you risk smudging your ink when you varnish!



I sprayed my finish piece with several coats 
of

  DecoArt Matte Sealer





Give Ye Thanks Uncle Sam


I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint this piece!

Thank you DecoArt for supplying the paints to complete this project!
Happy Painting!
Lynn







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...