Saturday, December 12, 2020

Thyme to show you Santa Saves the WORLD




This year Christmas will "look" different for all of us due to COVID. 
Every year I paint several ornaments for family and friends. 
I think Lynne Andrews 
Santa Saves the WORLD
is a good one for 2020!


Let's step inside my STUDIO.


My Christmas Elf HINKLEY is busy decorating the STUDIO tree.

My Palette

Plantation Pine, Hauser Medium Green, Silver Sage Green, Camel, Buttermilk, Burnt Umber, Lamp Black, Flesh Tone, Midnight Blue



Lets paint!




I began by sealing each ornament 
with 
DecoArt Multi Purpose Sealer


I then lightly sanded the ornaments and wiped to remove dust.

I base coated the ornaments with 2 good coats of Buttermilk.



I used graphite paper and a Sewline Tracer to transfer my designs.

Pants are Silver Sage Green and Lamp Black.
Coat is Camel shaded with Burnt Umber.


I use Lynne Andrews floaters and stipplers.


They are like a round brush and liner in one.


I use a Rotring Tikky Graphic Pen 0.1 for line work.


*** IMPORTANT***


You MUST spray your line work with FIXATIVE to prevent it from smudging!



I added DecoArt Glamour Dust to  Santa's fur.



*** TIP for applying Glamour Dust so its not EVERYWHERE! ***

I pour a small puddle of DecoArt Multi Purpose Sealer on my palette. 
I then sprinkle my Glamour Dust into sealer. 
I apply the this mix to the areas that I want to SPARKLE with an old brush. 



I like to finish the backs of my ornaments. 
I used Lamp Black and Silver Sage Green to coordinate with the front of the ornament.
I have a large assortment of stencils that I use.
Don't forget to sign and date your work!



I used DecoArt Spray Gloss Sealer  on my ornaments.

When I spray 
I spray OVER my ornaments letting the mist fall on them, 
rather 
than aiming the spray directly AT the ornaments.

I apply several light coats of spray in this manner.


DecoArt and Rosemary Reynolds
 provided me with the products to complete this project as part of their
 Helping Artist and Blogger Outreach Programs.

Thank you DecoArt!







I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint
Santa Saves the World!
Happy Painting !
Lynn







No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...