Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thyme for some outdoor FALL THYME painting, decorating and planting

DO NOT PIN MY PHOTOS TO PINTEREST
Even though our 
Cape Cod home
is undergoing some extensive renovations right now
 I decided to do a little 
FALL THYME
decorating
My hubs cut me out a large pumpkin bench using my
SITTING IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH
design

you can find the pattern for this bench
at
Painting Thyme Needfuls



I first painted the bench BLACK using an outdoor stain for a
PRIM LOOK



I them painted the
 PUMPKIN
part of the bench using an orange tinted stain
I let some of the black show through for a prim look


I made a grapevine wreath that I attached around my window
I added white lights
I switch out different vines for every season
that I attach to the grapevine wreath around the window

I took this ironing board that I painted for
Painting With Friends
to the Cape
The design is called
Autumn Harvest
It was designed by
Terrye French
and
painted by me
You can purchase the pattern
HERE


I stood the ironing board on the porch by my back door




I also did some fall thyme yard work and decorating


I trimmed back all my hydrangea bushes at my other house and brought them to the Cape


I just stick the "cuttings" in the ground to make new bushes
I usually remove the leaves and flower heads


I was able to make 20 new bushes from the "cuttings"


I planted the "cuttings" all along the grass line
so
the bushes should be beautiful there come next year



I added mums and kale plants to my window boxes and around the yard


My studio window


This is a new birdhouse that I hope to put on a tall pole in the garden


I have picked the last of the veggies in the garden
I just love the 
FALL THYME
Clematis vine growing on the garden fence
it hides the not so attractive veggie garden at this
thyme of year!
This vine is called
SWEET AUTUMN
and
it certainly lives up to its name
with
its wonderful sweet fragrance !
I just sooooooo enjoy this wonderful thyme of year in
New England!
Hugs,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. I love your decorations and your yard is looking wonderful.
    I need to replant some of my lilacs, have lots of off shoots to put around the yard.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this eye candy!
    Your home looks so festive...your talent is amazing to me!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Janene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confused again....are you living at the Cape house all the time now? Everything looks so festive and ready for the harvest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Love the bench and all your wonderful creations!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...