Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Thyme to show you Fisher of Men

Today I wanted to show you a project 
called 
Fisher of Men

This project can be found in 
Lynne Andrews 
new book
ABUNDANTLY BLESSED


The whale plaque measures 22 1/2" long X 7 1/2" wide

My Palette



Antique Gold, Antique Green, Antique White, Blue Mist, Burnt Umber, Buttermilk, Cool White, deep Midnight Blue, French Grey Blue, Grey Storm, Lamp Black, Plantation Pine, Rockwood Red, Slate Grey, Spiced Pumpkin, Yellow Ochre

Dazzling Metallic 
Glorious Gold



LETS PAINT!



I began by lightly sanding the whale.
Next I applied 
DecoArt Multi Purpose Sealer
I began by base coating with the first coat of Lamp Black. Let dry.
I sanded again and then base coated with a second coat of Lamp Black.


Next I transferred the OVAL shape only on to the whale.


I used Lynne Andrews new Floaters to paint this project.
I really loved painting with them!

I mop between washes with a Jack Richeson Sash Brush ( Pictured above)

I used a #14 floater to wash the OVAL with Antique White.
Next I transferred the design to the oval.


I began at the top and used a #8 floater to wash in the sky with Deep Midnight Blue.
I used the sash brush to blend and soften between washes. 



I then dried and repeated wash.
I washed the ocean in French Grey Blue.
The grassy areas are washed in Plantation Pine with a #4 floater.
When dry I did a wash of Antique Green on the top of the grass.
Always use mop to soften and blend.


I dry brushed the clouds in with a #6 stippler in Cool White.
When dry I did a wash of Cool White over the clouds. I mopped and blended well.
I then started to work on the buildings.


The buildings are named left to right
Fresh Fish, Dining and Tavern.


The chimney rocks are a mix of Black, Cool White, Burnt Umber and Slate Grey.


The ship is washed in Burnt Umber.
I mopped to blend and soften wash.


I added additional washes of Burnt Umber to the ship to get desired depth of color.
The floats on top of ship are Lamp Black. I used Cool White to highlight.


Next I painted the sails on the ship.
The sails were first washed with Buttermilk then mopped.
Dry completely.


Once the sails were dry I did a wash of Cool White.
I mopped to soften and blend.
I shaded the folds on the sails with Burnt Umber.
I floated around the masts with a combination of Burnt Umber and Lamp Black.


I painted in the mast posts with Lamp Black.


Close up view.


I transferred the posts behind the buildings lightly.


I used a Rotring Tech Pen 0.1 for all the line work.




Close up showing posts behind buildings added.


I added  shading and highlighting to all the buildings.
I  added the shingles to the house and roof with the Rotring Pen.


I am now painting the signs on each of the buildings.


I sprayed Krylon Workable Fixative on my piece so that the pen would not smear.


I transferred the remaining outside design to the surface using white transfer paper.
All elements on the black background with the exception of the banner got a Buttermilk wash.
The banner was washed with Antique White. I used the mop to soften and blend.


I am working on the pelican.


Continuing to work on the back ground design.


I have added the rope, anchor and sea gull.


Close up of left side.


I used a ruler and the Roetring Pen to add the rigging to the posts behind buildings.


I transferred the lettering to the banner.


Working on the lettering.


I have now added the rigging on the ship.


I again sprayed any areas where I used the pen with Krylon Fixative to prevent smudges.


I have painted the pelican on the right side and added the lettering.


Almost done!


Close up view of right side.


Close up view of left side.



I applied several coats of DecoArt Matte Sealer to my piece when completed.




I attached (2) 1/2" screw eyes to the top of the piece and added a 16" piece of roping to hang.


Rosemary Reynolds and DecoArt
 provided me with the paints to complete this project as part of their 
Helping Artist and Blogger Outreach Programs




Thank you DecoArt!



" And Jesus walking by the sea of Galilee saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net for they were fishermen. "Come follow me and I will make you fishers of me."  Mathew 4: 18-20


I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint
Fisher of Men

Happy Painting!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...