Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Thyme for NICKS 5 Cent Sticks

11 Days until Christmas!
How did THAT happen?

The STUDIO has been a busy place for weeks!
Lets step inside and see what I have been painting!



I see my Elf HINKLEY is at my paint table......maybe he has done some base coating for me!


Today I wanted to show you a project 
called
Nicks 5 Cent Sticks
Design
by
Cynthia Erekson

My Pallette


Lamp Black. Buttermilk, Country Red, Neutral Grey, Avocado Dip, Warm White, Camel, Hauser Medium Green, Dusty Rose, Honey Brown




Lets Paint!




I began by sanding my surfaces then wiping off any dust.

When I base coat I mix Multi Purpose  sealer with my paint. I use about a 1:1 ratio.



I usually do two coats of base coating.


I keep a blow dryer on my paint table to speed up the drying process.


If you have ever taken a class with
Cynthia Erekson
you may know that she often cuts stencils
to do a lot of her base coating on projects.

It saves a lot of time when doing multiples of the same project.

I cut a stencil for the inner circle


If I am painting multiples of a project I often complete one entire project then go back and do the rest.


Painting candy cane stripes!

I like to use Silver Micron Mini detail brushes for a project such as this.


The LETTERING brushes are not only good to do lettering they also make easy work of painting STRIPES!


The faux finish edge is done by mixing a glazing medium with the paint.

I then used the chisel edge of my brush to go around the edge of the circle



I have now base coated the main design areas Lamp Black


Design is now painted.
I applied two coats of Ultra Matte Varnish





I added a rusty wire with some tiny bells for a hanger.
Now it's thyme to add some 5 cent sticks!
I then added a bow.


Nicks 5 Cent Sticks



Close up view


DecoArt provided me with the paints to complete this project as part of their 
Helping Artist and Blogger Outreach Programs



Thank you DecoArt and Rosemary Reynolds!





I hope you have enjoyed seeing me paint

Nicks 5 Cent Sticks


Happy Painting !

Lynn





2 comments:

  1. Awwww...fun! We know how much you love candy canes...I bet you got distracted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I got distracted......with the NEXT project!

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...