Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thyme for a JOYFUL WELCOME


Are you ready yet????

There are 15 days left until Christmas
and
I'm not ready yet!!




Step inside 
my 
STUDIO
to see what I have been working on!


Today I am going to show you a design
that I have painted
by
Cynthia Erekson

called

JOYFUL WELCOME




My Palette


Antique Gold, Brandywine, Country Red, Hauser Medium Green, Light Buttermilk, Plantation Pine, Snow White, Antique White, Burnt Umber, Dusty Rose, Honey Brown, Milk Chocolate, Red Iron Oxide, Sand, Black Green, Camel, Hauser Light Green, Lamp Black, Mustard Seed, Shading Flesh



Venetian Gold






Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint
Black Ice





I began by lightly sanding 
and 
sealing the Santa cutout
with


When dry lightly sand again and remove dust


Let's Paint!



 I first painted the large plywood circle 
Lamp Black



When dry I loaded the flat side of a 2" sponge brush heavily 
with
 Black Ice Glitter Paint
I began in the center repeatedly pressing the brush firmly down and lifting straight up
This gave my surface a nice texture


I then set this aside to dry and began working on my Santa


I base coated the Santa with Antique Gold
When dry I transferred the main elements of the design


I am now working on the coat, cuffs and shading
Next I base coated the face and beard


I am beginning to paint the eyes


I am now painting the face detail


I am now painting the trim on the hat


I have completed the initial shading on the coat
I am now creating a sparse beard 
with
  Sand 
leaving some of the 
Antique White
under beard showing


I am now adding some Light Buttermilk hairs to the beard


I am now dry brushing some bright high lights on the coat


The fur coat trim and cuffs are spattered heavily with Camel 



I have painted the banner, buttons, shoes and mittens


I am now painting the stars on the round surface 
with 
Venetian Gold


I am checking for placement of remaining stars
I added some that appear to be behind Santa


I dry brushed in the ground area
I changed the greenery from the original pattern


Adding the pine needles is done by painting the needles in "layers" of various values


Now to add some berries


The large circle is spattered heavily 
with 
Light Buttermilk
I then applied several coats 
of 

I used Arlene's Thick Designer Tacky Glue 
to 
attach the Santa to the plywood circle


I decided to place my Santa inside a large fresh green wreath
I drilled 4 tiny holes in the outer edge of the plywood circle
 so I could attach it 
with wire to my wreath

I added some red berries and a bow

DecoArt
provided me with the paints 
to 
complete this project
As always
 THANK YOU 
DecoArt 
for all the wonderful projects
 to design 
and
 create with!




You can view my DecoArt Blogger Profile



I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint
a
JOYFUL WELCOME


Happy Painting !

Lynn

















1 comment:

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...