Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It is THYME to show you Santa's MAGIC key

Have you ever wondered what would happen
if
SANTA
could not fit down the chimney
or 
worse what if you didn't have a chimney 
for 
SANTA 
 to slide down?

Well....
You would of course have to leave a
 KEY
for 
SANTA
to get in!





Let's head into the STUDIO and paint one!


My pallette for this project


Antique White, Dark Chocolate, Fleshtone, Dark Flesh, Red Iron Oxide,  Avacado, Lamp Black, Slate Grey, Snow White, Napa Red, Burnt Orange, Light Avacado, Antique Gold, Honey Brown, Light Cinnamon

Additional Supplies
Americana Multi Purpose Sealer, DecoArt Glamour Dust Ice Crystal, 
Americana Dura Clear Matte Varnish



I used a 
Pam Grady
design to complete this project

The surface and pattern can be found
at

I first sanded, then sealed my surface with Americana Multi Purpose Sealer
I then base coated with Lamp Black


I then used 
WHITE graphite paper 
to
 transfer the line drawing to my surface



These are good size wood surfaces measuring about 8 1/2" long

There is a lot of detail in this ornament!
Rather than just "scumbling" the FUR on the coat 
I painted it to LOOK like fur


Adding the vine , berries and other details


I used 
to 
add some sparkle to the fur




I used a WHITE chalk pencil
to
write
SANTA'S MAGIC KEY
on the back
I used a small wood snowflake to "dot" the I in the word
MAGIC
I varnished my piece
with
Americana Dura Clear Matte Varnish



I attached a rusty key
and
tied it with homespun


DecoArt provided me with the paints to complete this project as part of their
Helping Artist
and
Blogger Outreach Programs
Thank you DecoArt for the opportunity to work with your products!

You can view my
Deco Art Blogger Profile

HERE

I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint

SANTA'S MAGIC KEY




Happy Painting!
Lynn



"Each day is a new canvas to paint upon.
Make sure your picture is full of life and happiness,
and
at the end of the day you don't look at it
and
wish you had painted something different."
 ~Author Unknown




8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful! What a beautiful project! :)

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly knows some magic at our house as he can't ever make it down the pipe of the wood stove!
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL Sheila! You best leave a MAGIC key for him!

      Delete
  3. I really like how you did those and the key, wonderful piece to hang on the wall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your key tag! It's beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...