Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thyme to paint RED, WHITE and BLUE!

DO NOT PIN MY PHOTOS TO PINTEREST
I love painting
AMERICANA
I cut some large pineapples
out of rough sawn lumber

this measures about 28" tall
I first painted the pineapple
BLACK
for a
PRIM
 look
I taped the stripes off using painters tape
I painted the stripes using
DELTA  BARN RED and NIGHTFALL BLUE
I painted on the stars
using
DELTA LIGHT IVORY
I then antiqued using
Olde Century Gel Stain
in
WALNUT
I used a wood burning tool for the lines in the pineapple


This is a nice summer thyme or even year round decorative piece


Hugs,
Lynn

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this Lynn!!!! I never would have thought of a patriotic pineapple - brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Lynn, besides painting...you do all your own cutting? That is amazing! I made a paddle once...I still have it. I was very Proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool Lynn! I love it!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it..you do great work as always..love your blog look and love your header painting too.,;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn,
    That pineapple is WONDERFUL!! I just love it!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, LOVE those patriotic pineapples!!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me Lynn! Hope you are having a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that piece, wonderful mix of americana with a favorite shape. I am going through my old create magazines, lots of great painting in them. Sometimes I get in the mood to try something, years later.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never fail to amaze me.... I LOVE the pineapple!

    Hope your staying cool,
    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pineapple Lynn...I'm loving the pineapples lately...I need to make some fabric ones...
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Pineapple; COVET your studio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this piece! What beautiful work! Americana is one of my favorite things to do as well! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...