Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thyme for salt dough stars and firecrackers

I posted this picture several weeks ago
of


some salt dough stars I had made
I
FINALLY
finished painting them!

I painted them

red,white,and blue


I put some on my tree
that is
on the buffet in dining room



I also made some

FIRECRACKERS


I took 3/8" dowels
and cut them into
3 1/2" lengths
and painted them black


I then painted over the black
first paint about 3" of the dowel white
then
paint about 1/2' a navy blue



paint red stripes over the white
REMEMBER
these are suppossed to be
PRIM
so don't worry about exact lines!
drill a hole in top and add some twine

BANG!!!!!!!!

Aren't these great?


I also made up some bags of  bowl fillers
with the stars and firecrackers

I found the tutorial to make
the
FIRECRACKERS
from
Char
at
The Pickled Pepper Patch
you can see it
Thanks Char!

Here is the centerpiece I have
on my dining room table




Happy Painting! 
Lynn


10 comments:

  1. Morning Lynn,

    Love the salt dough and the firecrackers! I have been thinking about holiday decorations for Memorial Day and 4th of July but trying to figure out how to do a salt dough firecracker. lol

    Love the little tree! Did you make it?

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stars and the firecrackers! I really like how you have them displayed too! I love Americana decor no matter the season! I hope you are having a great Wednesday!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! I remember when Char made those and I thought " those are cute, maybe I'll make some" then of course I forgot, lol! Love the stars on the tree too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you back from vacationing???? Or just dreaming of crafting? LMK. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, looks so nice!!
    janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the firecrackers...and loved seeing your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, Lynn! I need to get to work and make some of the salt dough bowl fillers. They've been on my "to-do" list for so many months...I love them on the tree and in the bowls and everything.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another job well done,,I love it, looks so great. Have a good week.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stars and firecrackers are very neat. I love your diningroom! ...Very pretty.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. DEAR LYNN,
    HOW WAS YOUR VACATION...I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT.
    THE PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR MOTHER IS JUST BEAUTIFUL...YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL...PINK AND BLACK ARE VERY PRETTY COLORS.
    I LOVE YOUR FIRECRACKERS AND STARS. I AM SO GLAD YOU WON YOUR BOUNCING SAM. I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...