Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thyme for another bunny.........by Terrye French and some salt dough bunnies

Geeeezzzz....
there are bunnies
hopping around here everywhere
Here is a prim bunny board
I have painted
using a
TERRYE FRENCH 
design


I have had this pattern for a few years
and
I have painted it several times
for customers




I just  love the delicate details



the stitching that says welcome



the penney rug and crow

I was trying to get this piece finished up yesterday
BUT
got a little distracted
doing these


thanks to
my friend 
Colleen
she thought I'd be jazzed when I saw them......
AND
I was!
dropped the paintbrush last night
and
out came the mixer!
They look like little mini's of the bunny I was painting!!!!
they are not finished yet
and oh........
I had to make some carrots for them.....of course...
check back soon to see them finished!



::: Cinnamon Salt Dough :::

2 cups flour

1 cup salt

1 cup cinnamon

1 1/2 cups water

Mix dry ingredients together and add water to form a pliable dough. Knead several times before rolling out. Cover tightly until ready to use. Dust work surface with cinnamon and roll to a 1/4"-3/4" thickness, depending on your preferences. Use cookie cutters or paper templates and remember to poke a hole or two in each ornament before baking. Bake at 300ยบ for 45-60 minutes, watching carefully toward the end of the baking time. Allow to cool and harden completely before hanging. May be sealed with wax or poly if desired.

Happy Painting!
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try that recipe! It would be great with any kind of shape. Thanks for sharing, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that painting...love all the wonderful detail..I copied this recipe a while back..so now I gotta make some..Carmen sent me some and they smell out of this world..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I have this pattern too. I have a small vintage ironing board that I plan to use it on. Thanks for the recipe. Your bunnies turned out fabulous!

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the painting ... and I can't wait to see what you've done with those little bunnies and carrots, Lynn ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting and I LOVE those bunnies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course this lil bunny loves all your paintings. Now that I have a new pc, I should be able to visit more. Look out:) Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable..where did you find the sweet cookie cutters? You are very talented!!
    Granny Trace ( Trace4J@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, it is almost 130am! but after a full week of work and getting to bed so early...tonight, I am trying to get some blog reading caught ...once again!

    Wonderful creations as usual! Yummm the cookies look perfectly good enough to eat! What great little ornaments they would be.

    Blessings & Aloha! (Now I better hop on to bed!)
    (oh...I added you on to my sidebar of "Blogs I Browse" so that I can be sure to keep better track of you as one of my fav blog reads!)

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...