Sunday, January 22, 2017

Thyme to show you Tree Farm Tavern Santa

Christmas has come and gone! 
I have packed away all the Christmas MAGIC. 
I am still trying to get caught up with all my BLOG posts of Christmas projects!

Today I wanted to show you a project 
called 
Tree Farm Tavern Cone Santa
Design is by Cynthia Erekson



Step inside my STUDIO and lets get started!

My Palette



Antique Maroon, Black Green, Blue Grey Mist, Colonial Green, Cool White, Deep Burgundy, Deep Teal, DeLane's Dark Flesh, Dove Grey , Honey Brown, Light Cinnamon, Mocha


Lets Paint!!!




I began by applying DecoArt  GESSO to my canvas surface. 
Once my surface had dried I sanded it lightly. 
I removed any dust with a damp cloth.
 I then applied a second coat of Gesso.



I applied 3 coats of Honey Brown.  Let dry between coats.


I then transferred the main design lines to the surface and base coated them.



Working on the face.


Painting the tavern sign.


Once I had the tavern sign painted I added some Glamour Dust Ice Crystal to the snow to make it sparkle. 


I used a small stencil brush to dab Christmas Green Twinkles to the highlighted areas along the bottoms of the tiers on the large tree.



*** It is important to remember that in order to allow the wood base to fit into the Santa cone, you must be precise in transferring the glue lines, applying the Tacky Glue and rolling the canvas into the cone shape. Always check the fit of the base before the glue dries so adjustments can easily be made.




There are several different finishes in the Dura Clear line. 
It's a matter of preference the look you want as an end result.
I applied two coats of Dura Clear Ultra Matte Varnish to my Santa

I attached two rusty stars to the top of his hat to hide the unfinished tip.


DecoArt provided me with the paints to complete this project as part of their 
Helping Artist and Blogger Outreach Programs.


Thank you Rosemary Reynolds and DecoArt for all the products to create with!








I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint Tree Farm Tavern Santa.


Happy Painting !
Lynn











1 comment:

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...