Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It is thyme to send a post card to the North Pole


Today 
I want to show you a design 
by
that I have painted

It is called

POST CARD TO THE NORTH POLE


You can find the pattern 
to
 this design 
in 
the book

TOLE FAIRIES 



Let's step inside 
my
STUDIO
and
 I will show you how I painted this project



My Pallette



Camel , Honey Brown, Sand, Antique Gold, Buttermilk, Lamp Black, Heritage Brick, Espresso, Graphite, Avacado Dip, Titanium White, Burnt Orange, Black Plum, Marigold, Slate Grey, Plantation Pine, Light Avacado, Paynes Grey

Speciality Products
Americana Multi Purpose Sealer, DecoArt Acrylic Matte Spray Varnish, Decopage Medium, DecoArt Snow-Tex, Flora Craft Diamond Dust, graphite paper, sanding sticks, sponge roller brush, sea sponge


Let's Paint!!!!


Before painting it is very important to prepare your surface properly
so you the end result is perfect!

I first sanded then sealed my pieces using 





I initially used a spong roller to roll on the following values
Honey Brown, Camel and Sand

This gave my surface 
"tea dyed" look
I then used
 a 
SEA SPONGE
and
additional values
 to add 
texture
 to 
my surface

After my surface was completely dry
 I used graphite paper 
to 
transfer the main pattern lines
( I keep a small travel blow dryer on my paint table for drying paint quickly)


Base coating the main elements of the design


Kim Hogue's projects are always full of wonderful
 techniques
 and 
details!


In this project you do a lot of "scumbling" to create shaded areas



Working on the pine tree
 and 
details on the snowman



A closer look!



The flag "banner" 
is 
actually cardstock 
that you paint!



When the paint was dry
 I painted over the cardstock banners
 with


I then glued the banners to my surface




Painting the postmark and stamp



Close up 
of the 
POSTMARK




The "embellishment kit"
 contains 
a tiny star that you paint 
for 
the tree and glue on


I used 
for the snow


I also added 
DIAMOND DUST
to make the snow 
SPARKLE


Painting the stocking ornament




Who knew that you could KNIT with your paint brush!




Finished stocking ornament




My completed project!

DecoArt provided me with the paints 
to 
complete this project as part
 of the
Helping Artist Program


and 
Blogger Outreach Program


Thank you DecoArt for all your wonderful products to create with


You can view my 
DecoArt Profile

I hope you have enjoyed watching me paint

POST CARD TO THE NORTH POLE


HAPPY PAINTING!

Lynn



1 comment:

  1. Buonasera Lynn,
    complimenti per tutte le Vostre creazioni!!! sono stupende.
    La cartolina postale con tutte le sue parti, l'indirizzo, il timbro postale il francobollo...troppo bella, il fantoccio di neve.
    la calza con effetto lana, il fiocco di neve dipinto e l'altro di legno.
    Tutti i particolari al posto giusto, sono affascinata ogni volta che vedo i Vostri nuovi post!!! Le Vostre meravigliose pitture!!!
    Che dire...bastano i miei complimenti.
    Cara Lynn,
    le ho scritto altre volte è nei miei blog preferiti!!!
    Un cordiale saluto da...Carmen...Milano...Italia

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...