Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thyme to meet THE NUTTY TOYMAKER



I'm still trying to finish up a few special orders
 and
get my own gifts painted


This is a wooden Nutcracker surface
that I had purchased several years
ago from a company called
 Zims
that was going out of business.


They made the most amazing and unique
nutcrackers.


Lots of detail!


 Love his plaid coat!



It was so much fun painting him
and
slowly watching him come to life


The surface I used is called
The Nutty Toymaker
Look at the
toy train
tiny nutcrackers that work!
and
bear


I found a pattern to paint him
in the
December 2003 issue
of
Tole World


The pattern designer was
Tonya Kennedy
The little train that goes around the base
is full of detail and so much fun to paint
I also painted pine branches,berries and snowflakes
around the base.


Are you ready to see a close up of his face?


Don't you just love him????


Side view


 He is really a OOAK piece
as
these nutcracker surfaces are no longer available


And here he is!
The Nutty Nutcracker
I really love him......so I decided he is going to be a gift for me!!!!
Happy Painting !
Lynn



12 comments:

  1. I watched your slide show of making of a Santa! Amazing...I can't believe the beard! Absolutely adorable. Merry Christmas my dear blogging friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful piece and painting. I still need to clean up my work areas so I can do some painting this year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,
    You know, so many people can be talented artists, but you have Something Extra. You know how to put personality into the things you paint! I don't know how you do it, but whatever it is you do,it never fails to makes me smile.
    It's good to see that you are still busy and creating.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you keeping him!! He is wonderful!! I bet a certain liitle boy will be mesmerized by him in a Christmas or two!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one talented Artist!!!
    Your nutcracker is beautiful!!!
    Enjoy your gift to yourself!
    Merry Christmas!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one beautiful piece, Lynn. You do a wonderful job of painting. His hair looks so real, just like the santa in your blog heading!!!! Just love him to pieces. Enjoy your new OOAK nutcracker!
    Merry Christmas
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post is awesome. That is a wonderful insight on the subject and I would like to thank you for sharing. I shall be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have nice works, I love to learn how to do these things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They made the most amazing and unique nutcrackers.

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...