Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thyme for tour of my Cape Cod studio to see what I've been painting........

In January my husband and I purchased 
what will be our retirement home on Cape Cod
We have been doing lots of renovations




This is the door  to my studio.....
come on in and see what I've been painting!



these are some 
BEFORE 
pictures of my studio


It had been used as a work shop by the former owner.
Its heated, air conditioned, has a bathroom
and 
is on the main floor of the house.
this is a very BIG room
18'x18'


I vacumned and washed the floor
and
removed all draws and cabinet doors


I painted them
BLACK



I base coated the
RED FLOOR...BLACK
using 2 coats of a good quality floor paint



I re- hung cabinet doors and added new
black wrought iron hardware



One of my painting tables


I cut out an 18'x18' diamond template


My husband and I laid out the pattern on floor
and 
used a roller to paint


oh my aching knees and back!


Its been said that DIAMONDS are a girls best friend????
I saw a LOT of diamonds this weekend....



I painted a large New England sign to hang over my paint table



We still have all around the outside edges of the room to paint
but I am loving it so far!



The center of the room will have a large desk
I am re-finishing 2 large cabinets that will go in there also for storage


So what do you think?
Painting partay anyone?
Hugs,
Lynn

13 comments:

  1. Love what you have done to your painting room Lynn. You are going to have such fun working in your studio and making those beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY Lynn!!! How awesome is that! I would love to have my own space like that, I bet you will be spending alot of time in there doing your wonderful work! I LOVE it, you did good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE it! What an awesome work space. I wish I had my own space...You did an amazing job on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, you and your husband have done a great job ... and what a huge room!!
    Lucky girl!!
    hugs
    Milvi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your new studio. I need one that size. I had to laugh at the photo where you can see the seat of your chair. I have one just like it, complete with the splatters of paint.
    What a great space to create!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! What a wonderful large space! I can't wait to see it all put together as it is going to look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH LYNNE<
    I'M SO ENVIOUS....JEALOUS...WANT ONE LIKE IT
    BUT WITH SOLID FLOORS.. I HAD GREEN/CREAM CHECKS FOR YEARS IN MY KITCHEN .. CHANGED IT TO A DIFFERENT FLOOR...
    I COULD REALLY " SEW UP A STORM" IN THAT ROOM...
    I HAVE WHAT USED TO BE OUR DINING ROOM.. 16X16 WITH CLOSET ACROSS ONE END...
    YOU DO SUCH GOOD WORK AND I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE A NICE PLACE TO PAINT.
    HAVE A HAPPY TIME IN YOUR NEW ROOM..
    BLESSINGS,
    MAURINE

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great room! I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have such a great space to create in.

    Hope your having a great week!
    *hugs*
    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I COULD come help paint your room!!! It is going to be beyond wonderful. Love the outside door. Okay, now we need to see more of the house too??? Have a great week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome improvement but I knew it would be. oh my goodness I undertand why you have aching knees and back gee that is a lot of work but so worth it, can't wait to see it finished
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful...and what a great idea to use a cut out template! Very clever!! What a great space for a workshop!! You will be so inspired to work your magic there!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Lynn! I've been keeping up with it on facebook. It's not easy to renovate things yourself. Just like it's not easy to move, sounds easy but it's not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE IT! On the main floor too..no steps!? Oh you lucky! Wow, I haven't been ab;e to get by as often as I like to say HI, but boy what great things you've been creatin! You're and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...