Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thyme spent with a good friend and a BLIZZARD in New England

Last Saturday I met my good friend 
Brenda


 from
for a post holiday dinner.
Brenda and I met thru blogging
we live in different states
but live just an hour from each other.

 We decided to meet at
Gibbit Hill Grille


in
Groton MA.
My daughter Julie is a chef there!


 This is
The Barn at Gibbit
where functions are held


 Night time view of
The Barn


This is a view of the Grille Restaurant from up stairs


the bar area


dining room where we enjoyed
a
DELICIOUS dinner
and
conversation


After dinner and dessert
we enjoyed coffee by the fire




And so like this sign I have painted........
we SAT long,
we TALKED much and
we LAUGHED often!!!!!
Thank you Brenda once again a wonderful thyme spent with you!



I have been really busy packing


we bought a
retirement home on
Cape Cod
and
will be closing on it
SOON!

Oh.............I cannot wait!


We are experiencing
A
BLIZZARD
here in
New England
Right now we have over 18" of snow
AND
it is STILL snowing


my snow family on my back porch


Looking out my back door
it is all so pretty.........as long as you are at home warm and safe.
Be careful if you are experiencing
Mother Nature
as we are today!
Hugs,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. I had a great time and will definitely be going back to GH. We must find a new place for the next road trip. It'll be fun...well, if we ever make it out of our igloos that is, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snow pics Lynn! Looks like you are more than ready to head to the Cape. Did you get 18" today? Wow! Hope it will stop soon so you can go ahead with your plans ;-)
    Your little red house & hearts looks very familiar!!!
    Stay warm and safe~
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had a wonderful time with a fellow blogger..I hope to meet some of my fellow bloggers someday..love that restaurant..and loved it at night..:) love your snow photos.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun Lynn!! Bonnie loves it at the grill - someday I have to try it with hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place to meet and enjoy an afternoon.
    We got a lot of snow too, but leaving the area finally, but I guess it is still hitting your area.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to be buying your new home! My dream trip is to come explore the east coat one of these days - maybe we could have dinner at that cozy restaurant! Can't wait to see more pictures of your new place, Dawn P.S. Stay safe and warm with all of your snow!

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...