Friday, December 10, 2010

The Elves and I have been busy

DO NOT PIN MY PHOTOS TO PINTEREST
Making the
MAGIC of Christmas
happen
takes A LOT of work and planning
It's no small feat!!!
An extra set of
HANDS
is 
always
HELPFUL
So I have hired myself an
ELF!!!!!!!!


NOW
isn't he the CUTEST little darn elf you ever did see??????
Brenda 
at 
has been on a little sewing vacation
after how hard she worked for her last big sale!
She didn't need this little Elf's helping HANDS anymore
so she laid him  off
and
sent him to me!!!!!!!
LOL!
I am just
so in LOVE with him!
As soon as my little Elf arrived
we got to work
Out came the mixer, flour and molasses
to make
Ornamental Gingerbread Dough

Click to ENLARGE recipe!


Lots of rolling, cutting


and baking going on here!


Don't these look good enough to eat?

we found some old tins




I designed ,cut out and painted some wood trees for my ornaments!


I anchored the trees in the tins with
Plaster of Paris



I added grungy tags, cheesecloth and pinned on tags with rusty bells




I needed to mix up some of my special
SANTA'S STOMACH REMEDY


FOR
 certain little Elf!

I'm hoping he will be feeling better tomorrow
and
be back on the job


BECAUSE
there is STILL
so much more left to do here
to
MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN!
Hugs,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. What a darling little helper Brenda made! He sure looks cute in your kitchen Lynn.
    Still love the ornament tree and I still haven't ever made mine! It's on my list to hopefully make someday. The gingers are done though!
    Have a great day~
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH he looks so happy sitting on your bar and I love the tree with the giners on it SWEET

    Thank you Lynn for being such a great customer and Friend big hugs to you, and I would say looking at your home you have for sure made the Magic Happen it is just breath taking Beautiful!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't think I can type fast enough! I have the flour tin that matches your sugar one!! and I love those trees. My girlfriend has one and I have analized it so many times to see if I could figure out how to make one. I just love them!! I have to go now...gotta go back and drool over yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...I am back again.....oh, I am telling you that is just toooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh could I ever use your elf!! LOL How darling is it??? What a nice lady that Brenda is!
    Your gingerbread tree looks just so good, maybe next year I'll attempt one...maybe! I have one of your delightful gingerbread men on a wooden spoon that never leaves my kitchen! Love it!!! Thanks again :)
    Looks like you definitely have the magic happening there!! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, I LOVED looking at the slide show of your home!! Absolutely Gorgeous! I'm getting my girl and boy elf from Brenda, also!! I just love them!! Your place is surely magical as are your talented hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY CLEVER! SAYS IT ALL.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Keep those brushes flying!
Lynn Barbadora @ Painting Thyme Needfuls

"Life is a great BIG canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!"
~ Danny Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...